Faced with the clock telling me that I should cook dinner, and a disposition that feels more like going Barny Gumble on an Espresso machine: I opted for a plot involving fried rice.
I diced and pressed some tofu, something I’ve never worked with before. Interesting to me however the recommended way to prepare it for frying or baking is essentially the same way I was taught to prep eggplant for the same cooking methods.
But aside from that most of the ingredients were chosen based on leverage.
- About 1/3 of the tofu block.
- Half a can of peas and carrots, so that I can use the peas for flavoring something else.
- A chunk of steamed broccoli and cauliflower that leaves enough leftover for another meal or two.
- About half a thing of mushrooms that were on sale when I did the shopping earlier this week.
- Plenty of rice, and enough leftover for a meal or two.
Pretty much other than seasonings: everything was chosen because it’s something that’ll save time on another meal.
The dogs of course are always interested in food: but they love their extra special treat even more.